Afr0Thund3rProductions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This game will be created using RPG Maker XP

Go down

This game will be created using RPG Maker XP Empty This game will be created using RPG Maker XP

Post  Admin Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:02 am

Over the past week, I've been trying out and messing around with a few different ways to create this game. More specifically, RPGToolkit, RPG Maker XP, or making it Flash based. From what I've looked into, RPG Maker XP will be the best choice, based on the capabilities, and available resources. Though this does cost 30 bucks. If it turns out i fall in love with the program, I'll buy it. But I think you can guess what I'll REALLY end up doing.

RPG Maker XP has A vast number of resources and tutorials available. that is where the RPG Toolkit was lacking. It would have been great to use RPG Toolkit, since it is free, and Open source, but i feel the learning curve would have been too steep to handle.

Flash would have been great, since everything could have looked fantastic and smoothly animated, but again the learning curve for the programming here also would have been steep.

So that left me with RPG maker. It has tons of premade scripts available to use, thousands of tutorials, and overall an more robust interface.

Also, this seemed to be the easiest route to take when it comes to implementing custom battle systems (E.g, ATB, summons, etc.). That would have been possible in the other programs, but through much more work.

If your interested in seeing what exactly I've been working with for the past week, go ahead and go here, and download the trial. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://afr0thund3rprod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down