Afr0Thund3rProductions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think that we should follow these guidelines..

Go down

I think that we should follow these guidelines.. Empty I think that we should follow these guidelines..

Post  Admin Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:25 am

I saw this while looking around for stuff on how to make games and shit. After reading it, it makes sense....would make the whole process smoother at least.

I found this guide here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Step 1: Story

Before you even try to make a game come up with a good story. Try to make it original. Original stories grab the most attention and look way better.

Step 2: Resources

Before you can start building your game you need to find/make the resources you think your going to need. When gathering resources make sure you know who the author is. If you dont know who the author is leave the resource alone or ask around. No one wants their work used and not being credited for it.

Step 3: Planning

Before you even try building maps and stuff plan out how its all going to be. Draw on paper or something how maps are going to come together. Its usually a good idea to start with drawing a world map so you can have an idea how big to make your maps and how your story is going to progress through these maps.

Step 4: Building

Now its time to start building your game.
Step 4A:
Build the intro area. The intro area is like a cutscene that introduces the game
to the players. Theres many ways you can do this. It all depends on your story.

Examples:
-What happened in the past
-What happened last EX: some games show the end before the beginning
-Show landscapes
-Show whats happening now
-Show a picture of polraudio(Joke)

Step 4B:
Build the starting area. This is where your whole game is going to start.

Step 4C:
Build most of the starting area. EX: Build the first 2 towns, all caves. etc.
in that area.

Step 5: Setting up Database

Now is where you create everything your going to need for your game. Your going to want to work your way from left to right when making the database. When you create your character its a good idea to start with low stats and the same goes with enemies.

Step 6: Enjoy Making

Enjoy making your game. If its fun for you its most likely going to be fun for others.

Step N/A: Tips

-Don't make your game to linear. People like freedom.
-Try adding some choices that might effect the story.
-Don't spend 1-20min on a map. Spend at least an hour.
-Maps are almost everything in a game. Bad Maps = Bad Game
-Don't cram every little script in your game. Only use whats needed.
-REMEMBER CREDITS!!!
-Backup your game daily or weekely
-Don't make beginning enemies to strong. 2 Hits to kill is ideal.
-Don't make cutscenes to long. People don't want to sit there for 30min reading text. Thats what a book is for.
-Have testers. Testers are always good to have before releasing a demo to the public.
-Don't rush your game. You want everything to look good and function as expected. EX: Took me a few months for a 1 hour game.
-Once again. Enjoy playing your game because others will enjoy it if you do.

I think following this process will make things go hell of alot smoother. let me know what you think.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://afr0thund3rprod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum